Thursday, February 01, 2007

Week 7

Well, I'd kind of done week 6 with the mashups, that was fun. And now the exercise is to write about something techie.
On Tuesday I went to the Information Online Conference, I was asked to talk about our learning program here. While I was there I got to listen to a dude called Dave Lankes who talks about libraries as conversations - his idea is that you can have conversations with people in the here and now, but also in the abstract - for instance between and author and you by reading their book. Anyway, he reckons its important for us to engage in conversations and make our catalogues more interactive, by letting people put reviews on and maybe even tags - so much for LCSH - deaded I'd say.
I've also been busy with the uncon blog, which should give me some brownie points - at least one red star for this week!
I'm going to try tagging someone, this is a cute American thing - you have to tell people 5 things about yourself that no-one else would know -
so I tag Learner Blog...

5 things about me no-one else knows:

1. My proudest thing is jumping out of a plane at 3000' (all by myself)
2. I learned the piano for 7 years, but you'd never know it now
3. I like baking cakes
4. My ambition is to take off around Australia in a combi (or similar)
5. My worst fear is rats....one ran over my foot in Baltimore once, it still makes me shudder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there - just came across your blog and wondered if you'd heard of Trampoline - an unconference event that occurred on Saturday. It seems in line with what you create!! :)