Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Walking the talk

Well, like all the good management books say, walk the talk, lead by example etc etc.
So - well done to the 10 or so that have preceeded me, and lets hope a lot more join us! Its great to see everyone's efforts - and those who have already worked ahead.
I liked the 71/2 habits - I can remember when I first came across Stephen Covey's 7 habits, and the habit that most impressed me back in the early 90s and has stayed with me is to start with the end in mind. Even when things don't quite work out the way you'd imagined, at least you'll have some idea on where you are going.
In Covey's book he gets you to do a really interesting exercise - write your obituary. A very centering experience! But not too much of the serious, I am enjoying the gardener's blog!
So, starting with the end in mind, I'm looking forward to learning these 23 things.

No comments: